Nothing is worst than oversleeping and realizing you have ten minutes to get out your door. You almost immediately flip into a panic trying to figure out how to not look like you just rolled out of bed. You scramble to do your hair and perfect your makeup, all while racking your brain for an outfit to wear. You are, in a word, frantic.
Don’t fret, there are ways to combat your teeny tiny time frame. First up, have three outfit options you can put together at all times: one for a meeting, one for a coffee date, and one for running errands. Keep the look simple to combat trying to find multiple pieces when you don’t have a minute to spare.
When it comes to make up
If you’re pressed for time but still want to leave the house looking pulled together, here are some tips on how to get a makeup look in 5 minutes or less.
1. Apply a cream concealer (or foundation stick) to your under eye area and blend it down towards the cheeks. Apply it to any discoloration as needed. (1 minute)
2. Lightly dust loose powder to set. (30 seconds)
3. Line eyes with an eyeliner pencil (try a waterproof formula that will stay put all day even in the waterline). For fun try using a colored pencil liner in blue, violet, or green. Apply 1-3 coats of mascara as needed. Try Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Mascara. (30 seconds)
4. Apply a luminating concealer under your eyes to brighten them up a bit and also on the tops of the cheekbones to highlight. Try Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. (30 seconds)
5. Lightly dust on blush (the general rule is the darker your skin, the brighter the blush). Try NARS Blush as their range of blushes have something to suit every skin tone. (30 seconds)
6. Apply lip color. A creamy lipstick is ideal as it will easily glide on the lips and takes little effort to look good.
7. Set with makeup setting spray. Try MAC Fix+ Spray or if you have problems keeping your makeup put, try Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Makeup Spray. (5 seconds)